We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic and outgoing and have the ability to motivate, reinforce and engage children and adolescents!
TLC therapists receive:
- Initial practical training.
- Scheduling around your university time table – work is available 8am – 6pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Bi-annual performance reviews – opportunity to receive formal feedback (and potential pay increases) twice a year
- Opportunities for promotion – possibility to train as a senior therapist after 8-12 months experience.
- Annual first aid training and Team Development Days
- Paid travel to/from clients’ home/school
- Ongoing clinical training through:
– Monthly therapist meetings where you will receive training on a variety of topics
– Regular team meetings for each client you work with
– Meetings with your consultant
Are you interested in joining the TLC team? Here are our requirements:
Please note: you must meet all 9 criteria listed below!
- You have attended an introductory ABA therapist training course (or are registered/willing to register to attend TLC’s training course).
- You are a student or graduate of Psychology, Early Childhood Education, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy or a related field
- You have experience working with children and/or adolescents
- You are passionate about learning, teaching and making a difference and conduct yourself professionally over the phone, in written correspondence and in face to face meetings
- You have, or are willing to obtain, a NSW Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- You are available a minimum of 15 hours per week (between the hours of 8am – 6pm, Monday – Friday)
- You understand that the position requires travel as therapy is provided in the clients’ homes. You are willing to travel and have dedicated access to a car and a valid driver licence.
- You are an Australian Resident and live within 15km of The Learning Clinic.
- You are willing to commit to TLC’s vision, mission and core values.
Do you meet all 9 criteria? Awesome! Submit this form to apply and successful candidates will be contacted for further details.
Please note: Applications will ONLY be taken via this form.
The general recruitment process:
*Applicants who meet the requirements will be sent a link to a quiz
*Upon completing the quiz, successful applicants will be contacted for an interview which will include an exam to check understanding of training.
*After all initial interviews are completed, successful applicants will be invited back for a practical interview.
*After all interviews have been completed, you will be notified if you have been invited to join TeamTLC. All candidates who were interviewed will receive notification of the outcome of their application.